One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
What can I add to boiled rice to make it tasty?
10 Hacks To Make Your Instant Rice Taste Amazing
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. Instead of filling your pot with water, use vegetable or chicken broth for a rich-tasting bowl of rice.
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
What to add to rice while cooking?
8 Simple Ways to Spice up Your Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice.
- 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 2 tsp rice vinegar.
- 1 tsp chili oil.
- A squeeze of lemon juice.
- ½ cup shredded carrots.
- ¼ cup sliced scallions.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
How do you make rice less bland?
How to fix bland rice
- Toss some butter and salt into the pot with your rice and water.
- Replace the water with more flavorful liquids such as broth or coconut milk, like in this Shrimp with Coconut Rice recipe.
- For a nutty taste, lightly toast the rice in the pot before adding the cooking liquid.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste good?
How to Season Brown Rice:
- Add in Garlic salt (This is our all time favorite!) …
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. Before. But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.
What can I put on rice besides soy sauce?
Pesto is great on rice. Grated cheese is great on rice, as is sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney. Also, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce. Try egg fried rice (good with bacon in it too), rice with satay chicken, rice in a burrito with refried beans and salsa.
What can I mix with white rice?
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
What can I add to plain white rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.