Place roast skin side up in slow cooker. Add ½ cup liquid. Cover and cook on LOW up to 8 hours or on HIGH up to 4 hours, until a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF as measured with a meat thermometer. Turkey must reach 140ºF within 4 hours.
How do you bake a Butterball turkey roast?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. Do not remove inside netting.
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil to prevent drying.
- Do not cover. …
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a Butterball turkey?
For your reference, here are turkey cooking times determined by the weight of your Butterball turkey when your oven is set to 325 degrees.
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. …
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. …
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. …
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs:
How long does turkey roast per pound?
The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
What temp do you cook a Butterball turkey at?
How to Roast Fully Cooked Whole Turkeys
- Preheat oven to 350° F. …
- Place thawed turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan 2 to 2½ inches deep. …
- Brush or spray skin lightly with vegetable or cooking oil for best appearance.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer deep into the thigh without touching the bone.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long to you cook a turkey in the oven?
We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
Should you put water in turkey roasting pan?
We do not recommend adding water to the bottom of the pan. Cooking a turkey with steam is a moist heat-cook method and is acceptable, sure, but is not the preferred method for cooking your turkey.” … The drippings will be less flavorful and not as concentrated as roast turkey drippings.
How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
For an unstuffed turkey, Butterball recommended:
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
How long does a turkey take to cook at 325?
For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours. For one 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4½ to 5 hours.
How do you keep a turkey moist when roasting?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
Cook your turkey until your thermometer reads 155 -160 degrees. (Yes, we know that new safe cooking guidelines say to cook your bird to 165 degrees (they used to say 180!), but remember that your turkey will continue to cook after removed from the oven and it’s temperature will increase by 10 degrees while resting.