IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long should you cook hamburgers on the grill?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How do you know when burgers are done on the grill?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
Is pink in a burger OK?
Answer: Yes, a cooked burger that’s pink on the inside can be safe to eat — but only if the meat’s internal temperature has reached 160°F throughout. As the U.S. Department of Agriculture points out, it’s not at all unusual for hamburgers to remain pink inside after they’ve been safely cooked.
How long do you cook a hot dog on the grill?
Hot dogs are done grilling in a matter of minutes. It generally takes no longer than 10 minutes for a hot dog to heat through, and may take less than five. The leaner your hot dogs, the less grill time they require. Most standard-sized beef franks need between four and eight minutes on the grill.
How do you tell if a burger is done without cutting it?
Go in at an angle in the middle of the cut, wait for a second, and then touch the tester to your wrist. If it’s cold, the meat is raw. If it’s warm—close to your body temperature—then the meat is medium rare. If it’s hot, it’s well done.
How long do you cook hamburgers on a propane grill?
5-6-7 Grilled Burger Method for Grilling Backyard Burgers:
- For Medium-Rare Hamburgers – 5 Minutes Each Side. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on one side and then flip. …
- For Medium Hamburgers – 6 Minutes Each Side. Grill your burgers for 6 minutes on one side and then flip. …
- For Medium-Well Hamburgers – 7 Minutes Each Side.
How long do you grill hamburgers at 375?
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to reach medium-high heat, around 375 to 400 degrees F. …
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions. …
- Season the burgers generously on both sides with kosher salt and pepper. …
- Place the burgers on the hot grill and cook for 3-5 minutes to sear on the bottom.
How long does it take to cook hamburgers on a charcoal grill?
Sear the burgers directly over the coals until brown and crispy on the bottom, about four to five minutes. You’ll know to flip the patties when you see liquid pooling on the uncooked surface.
How much charcoal do you put in a grill?
HOW MUCH CHARCOAL SHOULD I USE? When working with charcoal, the basic rule is the more coal you use, the hotter your fire. A good rule of thumb is about 30 briquettes for smaller or portable grills and 50 to 75 briquettes for larger barrel and Kettleman grills. You’ll need more charcoal on cold, windy or rainy days.