How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey. A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
What temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
Now how long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound? In a 325°F oven, here’s a rough guide for how long to cook a stuffed turkey from the pros at foodsafety.gov. These stuffed turkey cooking times have been tested and proven to work well by our Test Kitchen team: For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
Cover the turkey and cook if covered for the first couple hours. You can baste it every 30 minutes if preferred. Cook it uncovered for the last hour and a half so that to turkey turns golden brown.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
Is it better to cook a turkey at a lower temperature?
A lower the rack will take more time to thaw. It’s absolutely critical that the turkey is completely thawed to be successful using a low-temperature, slow-bake recipe.
How wet should stuffing be before baking?
The stuffing should be moist, but not wet. If there is a puddle of broth at the bottom of the bowl, you’ve added too much. Add more bread to soak up the excess moisture. If the mix is still dry and crumbly, add more liquid and toss gently until it starts to clump together.
How do you keep a turkey moist when roasting?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
How long do you cook a turkey at 375?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. …
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. …
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices. …
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.